There are many reasons why you should buy a boat – some you would have thought of already but some you may not. Here we give you the Top 10 reasons why you should buy a boat.
- It’s a weekender. Sure you could buy a house as a weekender which is a couple of hours drive from home but is it really as good as a boat ? Can you change the view ? Can you change it’s location ? Do you really want to pay land tax ? Is the heavy traffic to and from going to spoil the weekend ? Finally, can you afford the house with the water view ? With a boat, a water view is guaranteed !
- It gets the kids away from their screens. My kids in going boating have learnt life skills and yes taken time off from their screens without me having to force it ! They know how to row, how to start an outboard, how to kayak, how to tie a few knots and best of all how to drive a boat and a jetski – talk about giving them excitement without a device !
- It becomes your escape from the washing. Being on a boat is different to being at home. At home even if you try and sit down to read a magazine the brain will play tricks on you – oh I really should put that load of washing on, did I take the food out of the freezer for dinner ? I should pay that bill….the list goes on. On a boat – often even the mobile phone is out of range and you truly can relax.
- You get to explore places those that don’t have a boat simply cannot. Secluded bays, tiny quiet beaches, waterfront restaurants, friends that live on islands – all are simply not accessible without a boat – be the chosen ones that can access all these and more.
- It becomes your “shed”. For many men their boat becomes their shed. They can retreat with the excuse that “something on the boat needs fixing” or “I need to set up the supplies for the weekend”.When sometimes (yes we know guys) they actually just head there for some peace and quiet, perhaps a refreshing beer on the back deck or they do just potter around fixing things – which can be very satisfying and a great release from the stresses of the modern world.
- It means the kids get to learn about safety and the concept of “driving” before they do it on the road. Boat Licences start younger and of course if you travel under 10 knots as long as you are supervising you can give the kid the wheel for a moment – do you have any idea how exciting that is for them ? It’s a thrill and a smile you will never forget.
- It’s a far safer alternative to other “toys” available. Put it this way – would you prefer to have your son or daughter on a jetski or a motorbike ? On a kayak travelling to the beach or a cycle on a treacherous road ?
- It’s pure relaxation. I have always thought this but have since found many agree – a few hours on a boat feels like a whole weekend anywhere else. There is nothing, simply nothing more relaxing than falling asleep on a sunlounger on a boat as it gently rocks you into a deep slumber.
- It’s freedom. There are some moments on a boat when there is simply no-one out there but you. In the overcrowded cities most of us occupy it is pure relief sometimes to experience that freedom.
- It’s a way of getting friends and family together. If you were a grandchild which would you prefer….lets go visit granny and grandpops in their apartment OR Granny and Grandpops have asked us out on the boat on Sunday would you like to go ? And as for friends – well we all know they love you having a boat !
So this is why we sell boats. This is why we have a boat ourselves. This is why we have a great belief in the boating lifestyle and all it brings. Finally, this is what we offer at Sydney’s Boating Paradise at Empire Marina Bobbin Head, just 35 mins drive from the CBD to your weekender (or 5 minutes from the North Shore!) , your weekender, your escape, your release, your boat.
To see our current range of boats available go to :
To check out our marina if you already have a boat go to :